- Application fee is $50 per applicant
- Copy of photo ID or Driver’s license (front and back)
- Minimum of 2 years of Employment history required or a co-signer is needed.
We do work with residents that receive section 8, retirement, social security or other forms of income.
- Proof of Income (Check stubs, W-2s, Bank statements, or Housing Voucher)
Gross income MUST be 3 times or more of the rent rate or a co-signer is needed. *Voucher applicants see below*
If you are Self-Employed, two years of 1099s and 6 months of bank statements are required.
Child support is not counted as income.
- Minimum of 2 years landlord history or a co-signer is needed. Please provide rental payment ledger if available.
- Eviction history will be checked. Applicants will be declined with any eviction history in the last 5 years or outstanding landlord debts.
- Bankruptcies will result in an automatic denial if less than 5 years old. Consideration given with a co-signer if older than 5 years.
- Credit history will be checked. Typical minimum credit score of 500 to 600 required (see property listing).
Historical data is more important than score. We look at recent trends more than past data.
- Background will be checked. Applicants will be declined with any felony charges within the last 5 years.
Automotive related felony charges may not be automatic disqualifiers.
- Each resident over the age of 18 must submit a separate rental application.
- Maximum of 2 occupants are allowed per bedroom.
*Please note that we will respond to all applications. Processing can take 3 to 5 business days and requires all documents to be submitted.
*We are not able to respond to all inquiries due to volume. Please use details on our website and listing as they will answer most questions.
*Section 8 & Voucher Applicants: Zest accepts voucher-based applicants but since we have a variety of properties and clients, each listing will advise if housing vouchers are accepted. Income requirements are adjusted based on your voucher.